Friday, February 22, 2013

Make Something, week two.

Stars


When we were in class six, an epidemic of measles broke out in our school. All the children who hadn't been vaccinated were bundled home hurriedly by their worried parents with instructions from our teacher to complete a project of their own devising.
I was one of the only children left at school, and spent my time making a small model aqueduct to go across a cellophane and cardboard valley whilst my friends relaxed at home, making rissoles and echidna hats to there hearts content. When they returned, the threat of a measles outbreak then overcome there was a large show and tell project of what people had been doing. One girl had made a night sky full of small origami stars that I instantly fell in love with. I was very jealous of her night-sky and although she patiently tried to show me the delicate art of paper folding, my results never reached the celestial (excuse the pun) heights as hers did.

The other week, inspired by various tumblr images, I decided to revisit my past, and create for myself a small galaxy of sorts, and make some paper stars.






This is how you make them.


















The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment