Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Word of the Week

I have a confession to make,
 I have been a little lazy recently and have got caught up a little too much in my homework, I know how very lazy of me!
...And have therefore fallen a little bit behind in my word of the weeks. I know it is Wednesday here, or perhaps Tuesday if you live somewhere exotic and cool like Madagascar (may i add, where it is legal to have more than one husband), but I am one of those people who believe that it is never too late for a good word to help you through the week. This week's word is...
Blue.
Now, before you sigh and roll your eyes dramatically at the computer screen, as I know you might be doing, think about this word a bit. Blue is the colour of the sky and the ocean and although you may think it a little dull and boring, for word of the week I want you to consider the following examples of Blue as an awesome word, before you judge it! And that means you, yes you who is staring critically at your computer screen...
Try this, even if you're not by yourself...
 Say the word blue over and over out loud. it must be out loud because the sound is only good when you say it.          

Blue. Blue. Blue. Blue.

Now do you see what I am talking about. It sounds and feels so wonderful when you say it that I couldn't possibly not give it the proper credit it deserves.


The other rad thing to do is to make a song out of it, start with a hip-hop jammin' beat, just by saying the word blue over and over again, and then get someone else to come over the top of it and with an awesome solo (they must also be saying the word blue, if your singing in the song you must be saying Blue).
And there you have it.
 There's even someone from the nineties that wrote a who song about it!

And I think that says a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment